After School Activities
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Academic research has shown that the extra activities which children choose to attend can have an enormous impact on their general enjoyment of learning. Such activities can encourage lifelong learning interests, bring communities together and address fitness, health and nutrition issues. Activities at the Cairo English School are structured, challenging, rewarding and whenever possible, tailored to individual needs, skills and development.
The aims of the CES After School Activity Programme are as follows :
- To develop students’ personality and character.
- To make friends across year groups and where possible across divisions of the school.
- To have fun.
- To provide a time for students to do what they enjoy and learn how to do this well.
- To enhance the relationship between the students, the school and the community.
- To help students discover their talents and promote them within a framework that offers both guidance and appreciation.
- To develop team work skills.
The programme itself very much depends on the talents and skills of our teaching staff as well as other specialists available to the school although all the major sports are fixed into the timetable. Some of the activities that have been included in our after school activities programme during recent times are as follows :
|Cooking||Year Book||Design Technology|
The majority of these activities coincide with a private interest of the teachers and instructors involved who are always keen to share their interests and enthusiasm or introduce new ones.