A huge thank you to all the parents for your support over the last week! We have really missed having the children in school and hopefully we look forward to having them all back soon.
This brief Newsletter is a celebration of the wonderful work and team spirit that is here at CES and we hope you enjoy reading it. Our Online Learning Platform has been a huge success this week with over 95% of our school community accessing lessons, curriculum materials and learning activities.
It is very important for all of the children to have regular contact with their classroom teacher and their peers during these unsettling times. As this Newsletter goes to press we have one week remaining of the school closure and are awaiting an update from the Local Education Authority. We will of course keep you informed of any changes.
Here are some tips for supporting your child's learning at home:
1. Plan the day with your child: Keep a visualize timetable so everyone can set aside time for explicit learning and activity times.
2. Establish Good Routines: From our experience, children and adults react well to structure especially a morning routine when learning is most effective.
3. Ensure that you maintain a positive learning environment: Ensure you are giving consistent and regular praise to your child for their efforts and celebrate their hard work.
4. Enjoy the time together: Spending time with your child and showing an interest in their learning is the best gift you can give to your child.
5. Ensure you supply your children with brain healthy foods: Fruit, vegetables and avoid lots of sugar. Exercise is a very important part of every day so create opportunities to include this in your daily routines. Of course plenty of water is always good to develop your thinking skills.
Thank you for all your positive messages and your continued support. Have a wonderful weekend with your friends and families and stay safe!